GPT13 (Laguna Icalma)
Add a new log entry always on top in the appropriate season sub-chapter and use format:
* Start Date to Finish Date (use Format YYYY-MMM-DD) / Duration in Days / Hiking or Packrafting / Travel Direction (SOBO for Southbound or NOBO Northbound) / Chosen Route and/or Option Name (RR for Regular Route) / Names or Alias
Summary with remarks to route that are considered useful for other hikers and packrafters. Include alerts, suggestions and personal perception of attractiveness and difficulties.
Add a sub-chapter by placing two "=" before and after the new sub-chapter heading ('==Sub-Chapter Heading==').
- 1 Section Log, Alerts and Suggestions
- 2 Resupply and Accommodation
- 3 Transport to and from Route
- 4 Permits, Entry Fees and Right-of-Way Issues
- 5 Links to other Resources
- 6 Images
Section Log, Alerts and Suggestions
- 2020-Feb / Hiking / NOBO
Hitched from Icalma to Liucura. The section does not seem particularly interesting. Possibility to wildcamp near the river in Liucura. Some small shops in pueblo.
- 2020-Jan-25 / 1 day / Hiking / SOBO / RR until the lake, then OH / Martina & Ivo
Nothing to add to Matus' remarks :-) From Icalma we walked to Villa Pehuenia, Argentina, to renew our visas. We were able to avoid almost the hole road and walk on nice trails.
- 2020-Jan-13 / 1 day / Hiking / SOBO / RR until the lake, then optional #002, 6 and 7 to the village / Matus & Anna
Regular trail until the lake, then optional #002, 6 and 7 to the village. It took us 1 day. Trail/road are in good condition. River crossing without problem. Optionals were busy with traffic. Icalma village is pretty busy during weekend. Accomodation, tienda and resturant available. Tienda has pretty decent supplies. If you are traveling from Lonquimay don't ask in tourist info center about buses. Aparently they don't have a clue. We spent hours hitching after they advices.
- 2020-Jan-17 / 1 day / Hiking / SOBO / RR / Tom & Maddie
Easy section, all roads in good condition and we didn’t run into any issues. Though the first bit after the bridge appears to be designed to avoid crossing paths with the private property owner. Nice enough to walk through but would recommend hitching if you have limited time. Good resupply in Icalma.
- 2020-Jan-28 / 1 day / Hiking / SOBO / RR to Div 85 then crossed the Bio Bio / Frank
RR to Div 85 then I crossed the Bio Bio. Easy as water levels are low now but pick your spot as parts are deep. Continued on alternative routes South of Bio Bio & on South shore of lake. At least 3 shops in Icalma. Continued to Lake In/Out Camp $. Paid 10000 CLP to stay in a shed there as weather was poor. Camping will normally be a better option. No shops after Icalma.
Resupply and Accommodation
Resupply and Accommodation in nearby Towns
Resupply and Accommodation along the Route
Transport to and from Route
Bus Lonquimay - Liucura 12:00 and 15:30 from Terminal (Mondays to Saturdays)
Permits, Entry Fees and Right-of-Way Issues
Links to other Resources
Retired Section Article GPT13 - Laguna Icalma