GPT29H (Rio Cisnes)
Add a new log entry always on top in the appropriate season sub-chapter and use format:
* Start Date to Finish Date (use Format YYYY-MMM-DD) / Duration in Days / Hiking or Packrafting / Travel Direction (SOBO for Southbound or NOBO Northbound) / Chosen Route and/or Option Name (RR for Regular Route) / Names or Alias
Summary with remarks to route that are considered useful for other hikers and packrafters. Include alerts, suggestions and personal perception of attractiveness and difficulties.
Add a sub-chapter by placing two "=" before and after the new sub-chapter heading ('==Sub-Chapter Heading==').
- 1 Section Log, Alerts and Suggestions
- 2 Resupply and Accommodation
- 3 Transport to and from Route
- 4 Permits, Entry Fees and Right-of-Way Issues
- 5 Links to other Resources
- 6 Images
Section Log, Alerts and Suggestions
- General information :
You can walk either direction but SOBO is a bit easier as it's downhill
- 2023-Mar-18 to 2023-Mar-19 / 2 days / Hiking / SOBO / RR / Martin & Helena
A little more than we expected, there are some nice spots on the way, like Laguna Las Torres.
- 2022 19 Nov Frank 2.5 days SOBO
I got the bus from Villa Amengual to La Tapera then walked back, camped 1 night along the way. Few opportunities for camping as you approach the Carratera Austral as the land is fenced off. Villa Amengual, which is 2KM off route on the Carratera Austral is a good base. On the third day I continued along the Carratera Austral to the junction with the X421 dirt road going to El Gato, a better place to break the journey as there is nothing at the end of stage 29. At the X421 junction there is a bus stop (very few buses) & I hitched from there to Villa Manihuales.
Resupply and Accommodation
Resupply and Accommodation in nearby Towns
- ATM and money exhcange : Only in Coyhaique. Bring cash although you may be able to pay with CC in Villa Amengual & La Tapera.
- There are at least 3 places to stay in Villa Amengual which is on the Carretera Austral 2KM off route, north of the junction with the X25 gravel road which runs 52KM to La Tapera. They should all have options for meals also. El Encuentro in Villa Amengual has a shop & accomodation, 15,000 pesos single & 20,000 double. Meals are 6000 pesos, breakfast is 4000.
La Tapera has two small shops & at least one hospedaje, all on or near the plaza.
- You could camp at the small car park at Laguna las Torres. Several KM further south on the Carratera Austral is Camping La Zaranda $ new, cafe & cheap camping in little huts, you could sleep in them without a tent also.
Resupply and Accommodation along the Route
Transport to and from Route
- 2023 info: There is a bus from Coyhaique to La Tapera on Wednesday, Friday & Sunday, leaving Coyhaique at 10AM, going to Villa Amengual village at 12:30 and arriving in La Tapera at 2PM. The bus leaves La Tapera & returns to Coyhaique on the same route on the same days at about 3PM, going to Villa Amengual around 4PM
Permits, Entry Fees and Right-of-Way Issues
Links to other Resources
Retired Section Article GPT29H - Rio Cisnes
[[Archivo: | ]]
|GPT29H: Rio Cisnes||Hiking||Packrafting|
|Group||G: Aysen Norte||Total||80.4 km||19 h||-||-|
|Region||Chile: Aysén (XI)||Trails (TL)||-||-||-||-|
|Start||La Tapera||Minor Roads (MR)||-||-||-||-|
|Finish||Carretera Austral (Camino Picaflor)||Primary Roads (PR)||80.4 km||100.0%||-||-|
|Status||Published & Verified||Cross-Country (CC)||-||-||-||-|
|Traversable||Sep - May||Bush-Bashing (BB)||-||-||-||-|
|Packraft||Only Burden||Ferry (FY)||-||-||-||-|
|Connects to||GPT28H, GPT30H||Investigation (I)||-||-||-||-|
|Hiking||Packrafting||Total on Water||-||-|
|Attraction||1 (of 5)||-||River (RI)||-||-|
|Difficulty||1 (of 5)||-||Lake (LK)||-||-|
|Direction||Both ↓↑||-||Fjord (FJ)||-||-|
|Character||Valdivian Rain Forest, Farmland, Settlers, Road Walking|