GPT34H (Ferry Chile Chico)
Add a new log entry always on top in the appropriate season sub-chapter and use format:
* Start Date to Finish Date (use Format YYYY-MMM-DD) / Duration in Days / Hiking or Packrafting / Travel Direction (SOBO for Southbound or NOBO Northbound) / Chosen Route and/or Option Name (RR for Regular Route) / Names or Alias
Summary with remarks to route that are considered useful for other hikers and packrafters. Include alerts, suggestions and personal perception of attractiveness and difficulties.
Add a sub-chapter by placing two "=" before and after the new sub-chapter heading ('==Sub-Chapter Heading==').
- 1 Section Log, Alerts and Suggestions
- 2 Resupply and Accommodation
- 3 Transport to and from Route
- 4 Permits, Entry Fees and Right-of-Way Issues
- 5 Links to other Resources
- 6 Images
Section Log, Alerts and Suggestions
- Route description by Kara Davis after Season 2017/18:
Tickets for the ferry, operated by Somarco, from Puerto Ingeniero Ibañez to Chile Chico may be purchased at the docks or online at: http://www.barcazas.cl/barcazas/wp/region-de-aysen/lago-general-carrera/
There is a fantastic waiting area at the dock in Puerto Ingeniero Ibañez with wifi, bathrooms, and a small café. Before you arrive at Puerto Ingeniero Ibañez, check the ferry schedule. Although Somarco has a fairly reliable schedule, it is possible the ferry may not run every day. It takes a little over two hours to cross the lake.
Resupply and Accommodation
Resupply and Accommodation in nearby Towns
- Town:Chile Chico is slightly larger than Puerto Ingeniero Ibañez and has more housing and food options. It has two supermarkets and is the better resupply option.
- Puerto Ibanez has some small shops.
Resupply and Accommodation along the Route
Transport to and from Route
Chile Chico - Puerto Ibanez by ferry of RVC https://empresasrvc.cl/rutas-y-tarifas-2/#chile
- Current ferry schedule in high season between December 16 and March 15
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8am and 5pm from Chile Chico to Puerto Ibanez, 12pm and 8pm from Puerto Ibanez to Chile Chico.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 8am from Chile Chico to Puerto Ibanez, 8pm from Puerto Ibanez to Chile Chico.
- Saturday: 9am from Chile Chico to Puerto Ibanez, 12pm from Puerto Ibanez to Chile Chico.
- Sunday: 4pm from Chile Chico to Puerto Ibanez, 7pm from Puerto Ibanez to Chile Chico.
- Current ferry schedule in low season
- Monday, Thursday: 8am from Chile Chico to Puerto Ibanez, 7pm from Puerto Ibanez to Chile Chico.
- Tuesday: 8am from Chile Chico to Puerto Ibanez, NORETURN from Puerto Ibanez to Chile Chico.
- Wednesday, Sunday: 4pm from Chile Chico to Puerto Ibanez, 7pm from Puerto Ibanez to Chile Chico.
- Friday: 8am and 5pm from Chile Chico to Puerto Ibanez, 12pm and 8pm from Puerto Ibanez to Chile Chico.
Permits, Entry Fees and Right-of-Way Issues
- Student free, other adult CLP 2400 https://empresasrvc.cl/rutas-y-tarifas-2/#chile
- Online ticket https://mi.appbusticket.com/ticketsonline/portal/tickets
Links to other Resources
Retired Section Article GPT34H - Lago General Carrera
[[Archivo: | ]]
|GPT34H: Ferry General Carrera||Hiking||Packrafting|
|Group||H: Aysen Sur||Total||-||-||-||-|
|Region||Chile: Aysén (XI)||Trails (TL)||-||-||-||-|
|Start||Puerto Ingeniero Ibañez (Puerto)||Minor Roads (MR)||-||-||-||-|
|Finish||Chile Chico (Puerto)||Primary Roads (PR)||-||-||-||-|
|Status||Published & Verified||Cross-Country (CC)||-||-||-||-|
|Traversable||Sep - May||Bush-Bashing (BB)||-||-||-||-|
|Packraft||Ferry Only||Ferry (FY)||(35.4 km)||(100.0%)||-||-|
|Connects to||GPT33H, GPT33P, GPT34P, GPT35||Investigation (I)||-||-||-||-|
|Hiking||Packrafting||Total on Water||-||-|
|Direction||Both ↓↑||-||Fjord (FJ)||-||-|