Greater Patagonian Trail track files
The track files of the Greater Patagonian Trail are provided on personal request by the author free of charge but not unconditionally. Read in the Hiker's Manual chapter 1.15 Terms and Conditions for Using the Hiker’s Manual and the Trail Files on page 139 to review these conditions and to understand why these conditions were put in place.
Create an account in Wikiexplora (compulsory)
To request the files you must first create a Wikiexplora account. It really takes less than a minute. The form is in spanish, but it's very standard and simple:
- User name
- Confirm password
- Email. Not compulsory but highly recommended to give us the chance to reach you. Wikiexplora has sent one email in ten years.
- Real name (optional)
- On the final line, you must type wikiexplora, all in lower case
List of requests
Please type your name (or your new Wikiexplora user name or alias) and explain your plan for the GPT that requires the GPT Track Files. Put yourself on top of the list.
Format: * Name or alias Summary of your plan
- 2As: We plan to walk in Chile and Argentina from mid October 2019 to mid march 2020. We don't have precisely planned our trip but the root of our trip is to go by foot through Patagonia and also discover Chile and his people and culture.
- A pat: We plan to do several sections of the GPT (Need to confirm but we are interesting in sections 08-22 and 35- 40) from January to early March 2020.
- annbrnn: Heya, a friend and I are planning on hiking several sections of the GPT beginning end of December 2019 and are currently in the process of determining our route.
- AlexEdge: Hi, i am planning to hike the lower sections of this route with a couple friends, possibly febuary 2020. thank you!
- Arno507: We plan to do several sections of the GPT starting fom November/December 2019 till early April 2020.
- David: Hello!! This is David from Barcelona and I'm planning to walk through the Patagonia for 4 month from January 2020. I would love to do all de GPT, but I'm not sure if it's too ambitious... For sure, I'll try it!! :-) I would really appreciate if you can provide me the gps track files. Many thanks!!
- Hendrik Niehaus: We arrive in Chile early Oktober 2019. From November until January we plan to be on the GPT. Due to the recommendations of the hikers manual we are mainly interested in section 5-16. However, plans might still change and are not too fixed yet. Thank you in advance!
- Herman van Horssen: We plan to do section 47 to 69 of the GPT in 2020.
- johansonst333: Hi! I am planning the sections 30 - 40 during this hiking season, would be incredibly grateful to have the GPS files for further research and planning. Thank you in advance!
- Jose Barros Hello !Im jose from Santiago de Chile, i will do the sections from Conquillio national park to Puyehue national park, its aprox. 15 days in January, i think it will be great ! If you can provide the track files i will be very thankfull.
- Jose Roman: Hi, my plan is to several sections by bike or hiking staring September 2019 until Abril 2020.
- JUNHUI SON: Hi, I'm from South Korea, I plan to do section 1 to 40 of the GPT in September 2019 till November.
- Kendon: I cycled Patagonia many year ago and have always wanted to return for an extended walk through this wonderful area. I am in preliminary stages of my planning and thank you for your efforts in providing such a great resource. I am looking at the 2020 summer.
- Matúš Lašan: We plan to do as much as possible from December 2019 till March 2020.
- Lauric Olrik: We plan to do several sections of the GPT starting from November 2019, we have a whole year off.
- Lea Geibel: Hi, my plan is to do several sections of the GPT starting fom October/November 2019 until beginning of January 2020 and need to figure out which ones are suitable for such an early start.
- Oreste Marquis: Hello, i'm planning to hike sections 06-22 and 32-40 if time allows it. My trip will be from January to Abril 2020.
- Sanita Heinz: We plan to do section 1 to 40 of the GPT in December 2019 till March 2020.
- Staci Garcia: Hello, I am planning on doing several sections of the GPT in 2020. I am still in research on what sections.
- TrashPanda: Hi, we plan to do several sections from the end of November 2019 till February 2020.
- Tombartlett: Hello I am planning on hiking many sections over a three month period from November 2019 to February 2020.