Greater Patagonian Trail track files
The track files of the Greater Patagonian Trail are provided on personal request by the author free of charge but not unconditionally. Read in the Hiker's Manual chapter 1.15 Terms and Conditions for Using the Hiker’s Manual and the Trail Files to review these conditions and to understand why these conditions were put in place.
GPT Hikers's Manual: http://bit.ly/GPTmanual
Create an account in Wikiexplora (compulsory)
To request the files you must first create a Wikiexplora account. It really takes less than a minute. The form is in spanish, but it's very standard and simple:
- User name
- Confirm password
- Email. Not compulsory but highly recommended to give us the chance to reach you. Wikiexplora has sent one email in ten years.
- Real name (optional)
- On the final line, you must type wikiexplora, all in lower case
List of requests
Please type your name (or your new Wikiexplora user name or alias) and explain your plan for the GPT that requires the GPT Track Files. Put yourself on top of the list.
Don't forget to send the email after adding yourself to the list as described in the GPT Hikers' Manual (1.15.7 Access to the GPT Track Files).
Use the format:
- Name or alias: Brief description of travel plans i.e. timing and planned sections.
- shaunchurch: Hope to solo hike/packraft a few sections southbound. Section 15 or 17 in Dec 2019. Then maybe a couple more from among sections 21-31 in Jan and Feb 2020.
- iank:2 months jan and feb 2020. Hope to hike isla navarino, cirque of huemuls and then cochrane to chile chico. More northerly secions maybe 2021.
- dsmit3000: Solo hiker planning on hiking GPT40-31 northbound November-January 2019.
- 2As: We plan to walk in Chile and Argentina from mid October 2019 to mid march 2020. We don't have precisely planned our trip but the root of our trip is to go by foot through Patagonia and also discover Chile and his people and culture.
- A pat: We plan to do several sections of the GPT (Need to confirm but we are interesting in sections 08-22 and 35- 40) from January to early March 2020.
- Andrealopezb: I plan on doing individual sections for the time being, mostly between Santiago-El Maule
- annbrnn: Heya, a friend and I are planning on hiking several sections of the GPT beginning end of December 2019 and are currently in the process of determining our route.
- AlexEdge: Hi, i am planning to hike the lower sections of this route with a couple friends, possibly febuary 2020. thank you!
- Arno507: We plan to do several sections of the GPT starting fom November/December 2019 till early April 2020.
- Birdy : I plan to mostly walk from Lake Titicaca to Ushuaia starting November 2019.
- David: Hello!! This is David from Barcelona and I'm planning to walk through the Patagonia for 4 month from January 2020. I would love to do all de GPT, but I'm not sure if it's too ambitious... For sure, I'll try it!! :-) I would really appreciate if you can provide me the gps track files. Many thanks!!
- Dubrovskiy: 2 people, January 2020, Foot hiking southern parts, likely around GPT40-33.
- Edwinb: I will be arriving in Chile in Nov and plan to cherry pick parts of the GPT and mix it with other trekking, basically like I did last year. Always interested in a bit of exploring, providing it doesn't get to extreme!
- Hendrik Niehaus: We arrive in Chile early Oktober 2019. From November until January we plan to be on the GPT. Due to the recommendations of the hikers manual we are mainly interested in section 5-16. However, plans might still change and are not too fixed yet. Thank you in advance!
- Herman van Horssen: We plan to do section 47 to 69 of the GPT in 2020.
- johansonst333: Hi! I am planning the sections 30 - 40 during this hiking season, would be incredibly grateful to have the GPS files for further research and planning. Thank you in advance!
- Jose Barros Hello !Im jose from Santiago de Chile, i will do the sections from Conquillio national park to Puyehue national park, its aprox. 15 days in January, i think it will be great ! If you can provide the track files i will be very thankfull.
- Jose Roman: Hi, my plan is to several sections by bike or hiking staring September 2019 until Abril 2020.
- JUNHUI SON: Hi, I'm from South Korea, I plan to do section 1 to 40 of the GPT in September 2019 till November.
- Kendon: I cycled Patagonia many year ago and have always wanted to return for an extended walk through this wonderful area. I am in preliminary stages of my planning and thank you for your efforts in providing such a great resource. I am looking at the 2020 summer.
- Martín H.I.: Hello, I´m planning to make an attempt to hike from sections GPT01 to GPT22 this summer from December 2019 to February 2020, still deciding on the exact sections, but southbound is my direction. I´m a chilean 25 year old architect who will humbly try to hike this unique trail. Thank you Jan for the amazing creation.
- Martin Lizondo: I will be hiking southbound from Anticura (GPT20) to El Chaltén (GPT39), between December 2019 and February 2020. It's my second season in the GPT, after hiking from Santiago (GPT01) to Anticura (GPT19) in 2018-2019.
- martinahaller: We will be arriving in Chile in Nov and plan to hike parts of the GPT during the next 6 Month, starting in Santiago.
- Maturin: Hi, I am currently figuring out the details to hike GPT06 to GPT08 from the 27th of December 2019 until mid January. I will be doing the Horseriding tour before. I speak fluent spanish and the idea is to go southbound. Thank you!
- Matúš Lašan: We plan to do as much as possible from December 2019 till March 2020.
- msantelli: Hi, Melissa, plan to trek sections 05-22 taking a chance to start mid-late Nov. of ‘19 may need to backtrack and cut a few sections out, if rivers can’t be ford/crossed-flexible schedule
- Meylin Ubilla and Jan Dudeck: We plan to investigate new packrafting and hiking routes in more remote areas between Puerto Montt and El Chalten without making a single long traverse (GPT21 to GPT40, GPT90P to GPT 92P). We will depart in November 2019 and plan to finish in February 2020. Experienced packrafts may join us for these investigations.
- Lauric Olrik: We plan to do several sections of the GPT starting from November 2019, we have a whole year off.
- Lea Geibel: Hi, my plan is to do several sections of the GPT starting fom October/November 2019 until beginning of January 2020 and need to figure out which ones are suitable for such an early start.
- Linda: Hi, I am planning to hike alone southbound the GPT from beginning of December 2019 to mid-February 2020, probably from GPT06 to GPT22, but I am still studying the routes and the sections. I spoke quite good spanish, at least, it will come back there, practicing ! Thank you !
- Oreste Marquis: Hello, i'm planning to hike sections 06-22 and 32-40 if time allows it. My trip will be from January to Abril 2020.
- Sanita Heinz: We plan to do section 1 to 40 of the GPT in December 2019 till March 2020.
- Selma: We are planning to packraft some sections of the GPT during our stay in Nov/Dez '19
- Staci Garcia: Hello, I am planning on doing several sections of the GPT in 2020. I am still in research on what sections.
- TrashPanda: Hi, we plan to do several sections from the end of November 2019 till February 2020.
- tom347: Hola, I plan to do part of parts 1 to 40 with a friend, starting mid october. We will be hitchhiking the parts that are not recomended in particular months. We will be travelling for aproximately 2 months. Gracias.
- Tombartlett: Hello I am planning on hiking many sections over a three month period from November 2019 to February 2020.
- Wanderwood18 : We plan to make it to El Chalten/Fitz Roy in one season from Santiago. This means I’ll probably skip recommended sections to skip/do what I need to do to make it. I’m flexible, we will see how it goes. My girlfriend, America, and I are planning on starting around Nov. 10th….