Cabo Froward (english)
|<googlemap version="0.9" lat="-53.816411" lon="-71.073100" zoom="10" height="600" width="550" type="terrain">
- Try to do a tour in company and well informed.
- Consider the duration of sections so you are not caught by night.
- Take into consideration the changing weather conditions.
- Move only through the market road. Do not go far from track.
- Do not leave wastes in the nature, bring it back with you.
- Camp only in appropriate places and do not leave traces. Avoid fires, if there is no other choice extinguish fire with abundant water.
- Do not hunt or disturb the existing native fauna.
- Notify Carabineros of Chile when you leave and return.
It is necessary to bring :
- Thermal warm clothes and windbreaker.
- First aid kit.
- Provisions for at least a couple of days for possible contingencies.
- Map of the path and elements for orientation.
- UV glasses and sun protector cream.
Information required: *Weather conditions for a better planning of the tour.
- Condition of roads and tracks conforming the road in Carabineros of Puerto Williams, and also about the flow conditions of the main water courses crossing the road.
- This trekking is described in full detail in the following topoguide of the Ministery of Public Patrimony. The printed guide can be obtained for free in the Ministery:56-2-3512100 -> 2325. It is hihgly recommended to take it to the walk, as it enriches the experience with descrptions of flora, fauna, geography and geology.
Route in Google Earth
To download the file right-click and then select "Save file as" (IE) or "Save link as" (Firefox, Chrome). By trying to open it directly, some browsers will show the raw code with the coordinates.